Participate in the T-Bird Alumni 10 in 10 Challenge by providing one internship or job shadow opportunity to a current Highline student or recent grad during the 10-month initiative, October 2016 through July 2017. Our goal is secure at least 10 Internships during the 2016–17 academic year. Contact Lara Rosa if you have an intership opportunity.
Highline was here for you at one point in your life, as it has been for thousands of others for 55 years. Help show current students that you are here for them.
We will facilitate the process by listing new internship and job shadow opportunities as they become available.
Current internship opportunities include:
- Accounting Intern: Download job dscription (pdf)
- Alumni Relations Intern: Download job dscription (pdf)
- Sports Outreach Intern: Download job dscription (pdf)
- Seattle City Light Internships (multiple opportunities): Visit website for details
- Port of Seattle Internships (multiple opportunities): Visit website for details
- Macy’s Internships (multiple opportunities) : Visit website for details
- King County Internships (multiple opportunities): Visit website for details
Kim Zielke (class of 2016)
"Recently I completed an invaluable job shadow opportunity with the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP) at the University of Washington. I took short term classes, went on job shadows, went to dinner panels, and did lots of networking. It was definitely helpful with my process to applying to medical school and really reaffirming that I want to become a doctor."
Jean Munro (class of 1997)
"After I graduated from Highline College I attended Western University in the Human Services program. The program required me to complete 16 hours of Internship per week for the two years. I knew I wanted to work in education and guide students through the process of earning a degree. During my Internship I worked in pre-college studies at the college and also in the tutoring center. The internship landed me my first position at Highline. Without it I'm not sure I would have gotten the job. I feel it allowed me to show and demonstrate to Highline that I was a great employee, dedicated and creative."